Monday, April 29, 2013

End to the Madness (AE#6)

Finally, my last English 101 blogger post. I know the assignment of this post is to discuss what I thought about the blogging project but I feel that its unfair to discuss it without including a bit about the entire class. When we first started this class in January I remember one of the first assignments had a question that asked, "How familiar are you with online learning and Hybrid classes?" Turns out I knew very little. What I had imagined was meeting once a week in class and then having a week to work online on what ever it was we were doing. What I learned was this class is much more than that. Classroom time is interwoven with canvas, blogger, and connect with project due dates falling on different days of the week. This made it somewhat more difficult to follow for someone with a busy life schedule such as myself vs knowing that papers and assignments can only be due on class days as it would be in a regular class. I truly felt like I was being pulled in several directions at once.

That being said, of all the directions I was being pulled, I think I enjoyed this one the most. It gave me an opportunity to meet my classmates on a more personal level. I think this class could be made better however by maybe focusing on one or two platforms rather than the current setup. This class is too short to have so many different moving parts at the same time. Maybe its just because of the way my schedule currently is but this class seems way too A.D.D. for me. All and all I really enjoyed the blogging project, I think it could have been a much better tool if it was given more time by maybe integrating it into class a little more through the use of computer lab and discussion however.

Anyways, thank you all for the semester. I really didn't think that I was going to learn anything new in this class but incorporating these relatively new media platforms has really proved to be an experience all its own. Good luck everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Interesting picture to close out your blog. I hope that you continue to write; you have an honest voice and interesting perspective.

    ReplyDelete