I find it hard to write anything today without referring to the events presently unfolding in Boston right now. How can two young men bring an entire city to a stand still and cause so much damage? I look at the kid in the picture below and I just can't even begin to process what would make a person like him to decide that the best choice in life would be to kill perfect strangers on the street.I think it's easy to look at people like Jared Loughner, the shooter in Tucson and say, "Well there were signs" or "he was crazy." I think it gives the illusion that there is a way to prevent tragedies like this one. I believe that today's events have proven otherwise. We are not as safe as we think we are. Things like this can happen to anyone at anytime. Life is short, don't take it for granted.

No comments:
Post a Comment